30 Under 30 Awards
Requirements for Nominees
30 Under 30 Benefits:
- Nominations can be submitted through self-nominations or a nominator
- Nominee must be 30 years of age or less (as of August 15, 2022)
- Nominee must have volunteered or worked in the nonprofit sector for at least 2 years
- Previous recipients of the Nonprofit Leader 30 Under 30 award may not apply again
- Recipients do NOT have to be members of YNPN Atlanta, but are encouraged to participate in YNPN Atlanta events
- Recognition among the nonprofit sector
- 6 month membership to YNPN Atlanta
- Professional development opportunities
- Opportunities for events and networking with current and past 30 Under 30 award recipients
The Young Nonprofit Professionals Network of Atlanta (YNPN) recognizes that the future of our sector rides on the shoulders of our current young leaders, and we want to celebrate and support them along their path. We will recognize 30 leaders under 30 years of age that are making waves in the nonprofit sector in our state.
In addition to being awarded, these 30 dynamic individuals will have the opportunity to begin enhancing their "nonprofit footprint" here in Atlanta. Awardees will have the option to participate in YNPN's inaugural Immersion Fellowship- a five month application-based experience offering workshops surrounding fundraising, leadership development, team building, strategic planning, building identity, measurable outcomes, social responsibility, cultural competency and relationship building. The selected fellows will have the opportunity to identify and solve actual problems while also growing their network within the Atlanta nonprofit space.
While the cohort will be expected to champion a fundraising campaign in the amount of $1,500 by the end of the fellowship and commit to participating fully in all sessions and other related events as required (approximately two to four hours monthly), we are ultimately seeking individuals who are ready to embrace their cape and bring a positive disruption to their community.
Nominations for the awards are accepted from across Georgia (with a focus on the Atlanta area) to recognize 30 young nonprofit professionals who are making a powerful impact in their organizations by exhibiting outstanding leadership, innovation, and commitment in their community work. YNPN Atlanta seek 30 young professionals who are working to improve not only their communities, but the nonprofit sector as a whole.
Previous Award Recipients
Maria Hinson Tobin
E. Olivia McCornell
Jonathan "JT" Wu
Courtney Kay Ball
Asha Cobb Jones
Lene Sabin Nichols